Monday 10 October 2011

Planning and ideas for college magazine

My preliminary task was to create a front cover and a contents page for a new school magazine using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign. I also used Microsoft word to create my draft for my front cover and contents page.

This is my final design for my front cover school magazine. The first thing I needed to do was to create my blog where I would be presenting all my creative work.  The second thing I had to was to come with a name, cover lines, selling lines, and target audience for my front cover.

College Magazine Ideas
Masthead:
·         Student dreams
·         PROUD
·         Aim high
·         Dreams
·         Believe
·         The Refined
I did not choose any of these mast headings because most of these headings have already been used by other students and I wanted mine to be different so I decided to look up the word Educated in the thesaurus and I chose the word ‘Cultivated’. ‘Cultivated’ means educated or refine. I used the name ‘Cultivated’ because it’s short and yet simple also memorable.
Cover lines:

·         Student shock - Rise in university tuition fees by £9000
·         Open days – get information on upcoming open days at your university
·         Uniform day
·         Revision tips- how to get on top of your revision  
·         Nus Extra- Discounts in all your favourite shops
·         Halloween – Trick or Treat give me something good to eat
·         UCAS- difficulties with your ucas application? Get help now
·         Take the stage- How talented are you
·         Black History Month
·         Oscars –Find out who won
I only selected eight cover lines from my ideas because having all ten on my front cover will be too much as I just want my front cover too look simple and not over crowed with words and also because I wanted to picture to be seen without the cover lines detracting from it too much.

Target audience:
·         Students 16-19 year old
Selling lines:
·         Plan for success
·         Desire to learn
·         Limit is the sky
·         Student resource of the month
Others components:
·         Barcode
·         Dateline – 10 October 2011
·         Image – male or female  students

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home